Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
purge11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

some devices cannot get internet

Hi there,

Hope someone can help me.  We have a BT Hub 3.0 at our school, but for some reason some machines can connect to the network and see folders, but not get any connection to the internet.

I am thinking is there a pool is leased addressese the hub sends out either run out?

Maybe there is a block put on some devices due to firewall policies?

Or could it be something else.

I have checked out the BT Hub Manager - Event Log, but to be honest I am not sure what I am looking for.  Its a shame, because some students just cannot get access to the internet, regardless if I reboot the Hub or not.

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
purge11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: some devices cannot get internet

I had another look at the settings and experiement a few.

It seems on some machines I can ping google via the IP address and the DNS name

On the machines that cannot connect to the internet, I cannot ping with their dns name e.g. www.google.com.  Jowever I can ping the IP address e.g. 31.55.162.152

What setting on the BT Home Hub 3.0 can I change in order to resolve issues with DNS?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

you cannot change DNS settings on the hub 3 you would need to change the DNS settings on each device
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Try a factory reset of the homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. This can often sort out problems that a normal reset doesn't.

0 Ratings
purge11
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the reply.

I am wondering what could cause the DNS to just mess up.  This started to happen when more devices started to connect to the Hub.  I have increased the IP range off the DHCP table.  Any idea how many devices the Home Hub 3.0 can handle?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

I have 12+ devices connected to my hub and no problems
0 Ratings