cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

upgrade to Halo 2 self install

I have been offered an upgrade to Halo 2. I am currently Fibre 1 with Home Hub 3.

As an 85 year old non-techie I wanted to be sure I could manage the installation (I believe it would be self install) -so I have a couple of questions.

1. My research suggests Smart Hub 2 does not need a modem. If that is right do I need to keep the modem for if and when I go to full fibre?

2. I don't have a smart phone so no "My BT app". Will this be a problem when I am installing Halo 2?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: upgrade to Halo 2 self install

First of all Halo2 is just a benefits add on, it is not a technology.

It is not clear from your post how your new service is going to be provided, i.e whether you are moving to full fibre or not.

Assuming you are not moving to full fibre, if you do decide to take the package, you can either keep your existing setup with modem and Hub3 or if you do decide to use the Smart hub 2 it will be plug and play. The modem will no longer be needed, you just unplug the lead from the DSL socket on the modem and plug it in the DSL socket on the SH2.

If you are moving to full fibre, it will require an engineer to install the fibre ONT (fibre modem) to replace your current modem.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: upgrade to Halo 2 self install

Thanks. Not moving to full fibre yet .

0 Ratings