Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pablo85
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

use Data Extension

Hi everyone,

my master socket (mk3) is in next room and i was using a 8M rj45/11 cable to connect it to bt hub but now

i have decided to use AB terminal instead of that. my question is where should i connect  the cable from AB to this socket which i bought from ebay, i was thinking it should be orange number 2 but need to be sure. i am on bt fiber 100 and only need broadband and not landline.s-l1600.jpg

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: use Data Extension

You must have been using an RJ11-RJ11 cable not an RJ45 as both the master socket and hub DSL socket are RJ11 and an RJ45 plug won't fit in an RJ11 socket.

Although an RJ11 plug will fit in an RJ45 socket its not advisable,why not get an RJ11 socket instead of the combined RJ45 and phone socket you have shown.

If you do intend to use the socket with an RJ11 plug, then you should wire to terminals 4&5 of the RJ45 socket.

0 Ratings
pablo85
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

thanks for replied, my old cable not sure if its rj45 or 11 as its been working ok. as for rj11 socket im kind of novice and been watching a youtube video and follow his instruction. in the video his socket is same but different colour and he connected his to blues which is orange for me. by 4 and 5 you mean number 4s which are brown?

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

No, pins 4&5 of the 8 pins. If they aren't numbered on the socket its possibly the Blue pair.

0 Ratings
pablo85
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

its number but if you check the picture they all pair numbers, 1and1 2and2 3and3 4and4. and btw i using cat5e cable

and my cable from socket to hub is rj45 with rj11 at end.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Yes, that is why I can't tell you where to wire to as they should be numbered singly 1-8 rather than in pairs 1-4. Doesn't matter what cable you are using, only 2 wires are needed. Convention is that pins 4&5 are the blue pair hence recommending trying those.

0 Ratings
pablo85
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

thank you

0 Ratings