Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
misslee1
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

who to take a complaint higher than dealing through the call centre

Go to solution

This is my first post so hopefully i am in the right place forgive me if it isnt.

I have been waiting and waiting for a new home hub 3 to be delivered but i have had nothing but problems with BT, an order was placed on the 27th of september 2011 and del was meant to take 3-5 working days, fair enough, well 5 days came and went so i phoned BT again to be told that the order was not submitted so he would have to do it there and then,bear in mind this is now the 4th october .... delivery will be definately before friday 7th october,so i waited and waited no delivery came so phone BT again to be told that it was delivered on the thursday (6th) at 11.32 am to my OLD ADDRESS( i left that address 3 years ago and changed everything over at the time) so I put a complaint in there and then, to which i was informed that a new hub will definately be delivered on monday 10th october.

Well surprise surprise NO hub has arrived..............got an email to confirm that new hub will arrive by 6pm 10-10-2011 dated the same day mind.

So once again i phoned BT to be told that the warehouse had cocked up so delivery wont be until tomorrow now (11-10-2011)

I informed BT that i want to take the compaint further but they just logged it down to say that i was unhappy with service, compensation to be made to me and a letter of apology but i DONT think that this is good enough.

I want to take this complaint alot further but i need advice on how to do that please, and how is the best way to go about it.

All help is greatly appreciated in this circumstance.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
angry2011
Contributor
Message 2 of 15

Re: who to take a complaint higher than dealing through the call centre

Go to solution

It really does not matter how high you take a complaint at BT.  You can take it to the very top, but they just don't care as long as they are getting your money.  I have escalated complaints from the person at a call centre all the way to Ian Livingston the CEO and everybody in between.  Nobody cared about the poor service they were providing and one person even told me that I should be greatfull for the 0.25Mbps I am getting as 10 years ago I wouldn't have been able to get that.  I pointed out to him that this is not 10 years ago and I expect better than that in this day and age and was just told to live with it.  Needless to say, when my contract finished last week, I left BT and will never return as a customer.  I just hope enough potential customers see these posts and decide to go elsewhere so they do not have to put up with the poor service that I have had to endure and so many others seem to be suffering too. 

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution
Hi misslee1,

Welcome to the forum.

If you can send your details I’ll be able to look into this for you. You can get our “Contact us” link by clicking on my username, it’ll be under “About me” – top-left of the page.

Thanks,

Stephanie
Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
misslee1
Beginner
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution
email sent Stephanie
0 Ratings
misslee1
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Well this morning i have received a phone call from executive complaints department regarding my complaint (email was sent to Ian Livingston) and The Lady has now sorted everything out for me, the three technicians involved have all been spoken too and reprimanded , one months free broadband has also been given, and if my broadband has problems again i get free call out help,

So for anyone else who has problems persist with it and give Ian Livingston an email, and i expect you will get it sorted asap

thanks again for this forum.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

I'm disappointed to read this, I was hoping to be able to solve my problems by taking my complaint higher - last time I got a very insubstantial refund. I too am experiencing 0.25 Mbps, and I also expected a lot better and consider that I am paying for better, especially after former complaints and the lies that followed. A contract may be a contract, but this isn't the USA and we don't operate contract law, but case law and, as such, reasonable behaviour is expected. I have been assured that my service will improve countless times and I know that I should be getting close to the 8.1Mbps that my line is capable of. The fact that I still am not, and that, evidently, other people are experiencing the same problem makes me suspicious. Perhaps BT are trying to limit some lines? Perhaps this should be investigated - by an inquisitive journalist? Or the BBC? People in India telling me that my line has been re-set, when it quite obviously hasn't JUST ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH. Being told that I have a personal GUARANTEE, then that turning out to be a LIE is worthless to me, making BT worthless to me as this is my only accesss point. The whole company is being represented by the call centres and the system that the company has put in place. TAKE RESPONSIBILITY - PUBLICLY! The probelm should be properly dealt with, but BT's own system makes a simple task almost impossible. As a customer I shouldn't need to be concerned with BT's systems. I just want it fixed. Quickly - or contracts are, in fact, invalid, because BT are acting unreasonably.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution
@expectBeTer

if you post more details of your problem on the speed and connection board someone there will be able to help you
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Pammie
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

0 Ratings
Pammie
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution
I had problems with my broadband for years changed to infinity still had problems even moved to vision told I wouldn't lose connection after a year I've had enough everyone says something different and contradicts the previous agent. Now been told they don't guarantee wifi so what's the point. I not allowed an engineer as its all fine at their end well news for you it's not fine at this end! Contract will end and goodbye bt
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution
another blank post without knowing the problem we cannot try and help you
0 Ratings