cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

whole home discs and Ethernet

I am due to get Full fibre connected and I wanted to know if once connected and the new smart hub 2 is connected if my existing house Ethernet will run and my whole home discs (which are hard wired connected) will run ok (they act as access points) 

not sure how much the Openreach engineer will do but I just need a cat 5 cable from the new hub to a gigabit switch to send around the house (to either hard wired pc or the whole home discs)

thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: whole home discs and Ethernet

Wholehome discs are white and will work with any router, complete Wi-Fi discs are black and will only work with the SmartHub2.

Only one Wholehome disc needs to be connected by ethernet but you can connect more than one by ethernet if you wish.

https://www.bt.com/help/user-guides/bt-whole-home-wi-fi/bt-whole-home-wi-fi-faqs---set-up-and-instal...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks really helpful - I assume the new hub which will supply the Ethernet and the BT whole home discs will keep their current wifi passwords ?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

Hi @oscarb123 the new Smart Hub 2 will come with a wifi new password but the discs should remain the same. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Perfect thanks !
0 Ratings