cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PC3
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

why does my work vpn not work properly with my Hub 6

I recently received a Hub 6 as a replacement to my 5 which was having connection issues. Since then I have been unable to access certain web pages and links on my work laptop which uses VPN. I Have never had this issue previously and it is definitely the Hub that causes this issue. My companies IT department have exhausted all other options, and as they do not support the Hub, and BT support do not seem to understand I cannot work without this, I was hoping somebody here could offer some support. I asked for BT to just duplicate the settings on my 5, but I guess this is easier said than done.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: why does my work vpn not work properly with my Hub 6

Buy a decent third party VDSLModem/router. They start in price about £30

0 Ratings
SuperFlyGuy
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I doubt the issue is with your new Home Hub.

See my thread here;

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Problems-using-Fortinet-VPN-client/td-p/1843597

I'm using an expensive, very configurable Asus Router which has worked flawlessly when connecting to my office VPN, until recently.

3 of my work colleagues are having VPN issues and they are all on either BT or EE.

BT/EE have changed something on their network recently to prevent VPN connections.

0 Ratings
SuperFlyGuy
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I'm struggling to get any more information on this.  Have you found a solution yet?

0 Ratings