cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scott1506
Message 1 of 6

wifi bulb with bt hub 6, 2.4 & 5ghz

evening, after switching from sky to bt this month , my wifi lamp can no longer connect to "smart life" app for andriod. has anyone else having this issues. on sky 2.4ghz wifi works fine. even why i switch my router to dual bands it still cant connect and is driving me up the wall. any help appricated cheers

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: wifi bulb with bt hub 6, 2.4 & 5ghz

Did you turn off smart setup?
Did you split the 2.4/5ghz networks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
scott1506
Message 3 of 6

yes router split, tried with other phones and ipad but nothing. cant see anything in instructions about smart setup

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

0 Ratings
BP8591
Message 5 of 6

Hi there,

I found this below on Amazon, 

But I also tuned off 5ghz band first before trying it and when all my bulbs and plugs were connected I turned it back on.

DOES work with BT hub6 (smart hub). I ordered this bulb without reading the note which states this does not work with bthub6. Doh! But i was determined to find a way to make it work... i read a lot of reviews which said to go in to the hub manager and turn off 5ghz so i did that. But this alone didnt enavke the bulb to work. I figured out that once you turn off-on the bulb 3 times it flashes quick, then if you turn off and on again 3 times (so 6 in total) then it willl flash slow. Add the device in AP mode while flashing slow. Works 😄 so if you, like myself, bought the bulb before realising its "not compatible" with bt hub 6 then dont panic. It is possible.

It worked for me

0 Ratings
Yateer
Message 6 of 6

@BP8591 , good one. Worked perfectly - thank you so much.

0 Ratings