cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

wifi calling drops, packet loss latency, BT can't find the issue

Hello!

Me and my partner work from home, we have to use wifi calling as the signal in our village is awful.

However, we can be on calls with clients and at any random time the client can't hear and we can only continue call whilst stood next to the hub.

I run an ethernet cable from the hub to my macbook for online teaching classes, and the company has stated I am constantly experiencing packet loss and latency on my end. 

Even if i turn off all devices and just have my laptop running on the ethernet problem exsists.

I've had 3 BT engineers, 2 open reach engineers, they confirm the line is fine, the speeds come into the house, but they can't do anything for the packet loss and latency.

I'm running fttc and just installed a tplink deco mesh m4 system today, but that hasnt helped, so im under the impression I need to replace the bt router for something else.

Any advice i would appreciate, BT seemed to have exhausted all options and refuse to even talk to me about the issue as 'speed tests confirm speed coming into the house is fine'

I have had a new master socket put on the way and 2 new BT hubs and cannot fix this issue

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: wifi calling drops, packet loss latency, BT can't find the issue

Does the BT hub drop internet connection with hub lights changing colour (if so to what colour) or is it you are dropping WiFi connection to your devices causing drop in internet?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: wifi calling drops, packet loss latency, BT can't find the issue

Thanks for replying

The hub colours never change yet the wifi drops,  when I'm using an ethernet cable with no other devices connected to the hub (all removed) I still have latency and packet loss issues.

I've ran packet loss tests from my macbook and it shows the issue no issues from my device, the issue is with the router, I've had wifi channels swapped, congestion refreshes, reboots etc, still having the same problem

0 Ratings