cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ratbag1
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

wifi slow and BT stripping content out of emails.

Go to solution

I've had lots of issues with BT over my 7 year time with them. Live in rural area in April 2018 got Super Fast Fibre 1. All was well till November of this year, when web page load speeds on my mac and my daughters android phone dropped to snail pace. Taking over a minute to load some web pages or if you click on multiple links within one webpage. In addition. BT has now started stripping out content from some of my BT emails as well as content from other email addresses that come through outlook. Called about this in November 16, got a VOL number, no follow up, and situation gets worse. Sent and email complaint tonight and no surprises, got a BT email back saying they no longer respond to email complaints, even though BT site lets you file complaint. All in all pretty shoddy. Virgin Media is trying to get into this rural area, hopefully soon, as I'm at my wits end. I have a mac and I'd done all that stuff with splitting the frequencies on my BT hub to no avail. And the content stripping out of my emails is now the final straw. Any advice or anyone having similar issues, so we can commiserate together. Thanks. Just getting to this BT site takes a couple of minutes to load.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
albertj
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: wifi slow and BT stripping content out of emails.

Go to solution

Hi @ratbag1 

Not ideal that you've made two completely different questions in the same place, but I'll go with it!

Internet

Can you post hub stats?

Go to 192.168.1.254 in your browser

HH6- Click Advanced Settings > Technical Log > Enter Admin password (on the card or back of the router) > Screenshot results and post

HH5- Troubleshooting > helpdesk - The admin password is again on card or back of the router

Also, please dial 17070 press option 2, and make sure it is silent between announcements. 

Email

Are you able to view the content on the BT Mail Page?

Thanks

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
ratbag1
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

0 Ratings
ratbag1
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Screenshot 2019-12-02 at 21.47.31.png

0 Ratings
ratbag1
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Posted screenshot. Unable to follow instructions for help on HH5. Unable to see on content on BT webmail either. Content images is all being stripped out.

0 Ratings
albertj
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

You’ve only been connected for 7hrs, was that manually rebooting or dropping connection?

Other than that, seems ok actually, and your speed is 23mbps.

Go to this website: https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/ and post results, please remember to remove the phone number.

Please stand near the router and run a speedtest from this site: http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

Yes, the Home Hub 5 is another router BT used to supply, but you’ve got the Smart Hub and that gives the same stats. So it was just instructions for both :-).

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
ratbag1
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

So the way i've solved this issue is to "Turn OFF" Parental Controls in my BT WiFi security settings. I had an Open Reach guy at my house for 4 hrs today, and after a process of elimination it all came down to having Parental Controls "on". So if you're having an issue like above. Try this and see if it helps.

0 Ratings