Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RAY0711
Message 1 of 4

wired connection

Go to solution

Hello ,

At the moment i have virgin media broad band using ethernet cable in my bed room , it is connected to my desk top computer and i also use my ps 3 to play online , the thing is my mum has ordered BT BROADBAND and BT phone line ,they are due to come in a few days . will the hub be able to be in my bedroom so i can use the ethernet to connect to the hub , just like i am doing now .

Thanks .

Raymond .

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: wired connection

Go to solution

If it is BT Broadband the homehub can be plugged into a telephone extension socket so if you have one near to your bedroom you will be OK.

If it is BT Infinity the homehub needs to be plugged into the telephone master socket. If it is not near your bedroom but a phone extension socket is, you could get the engineer to change the extension socket to become the master socket.

If that is not possible you could use a longer Ethernet cable or connect to the homehub by powerline adaptors.

RAY0711
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

where do i get powerline adaptors. will the person who comes be able to do it ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Is it BT Broadband or BT Infinity 1 or BT Infinity 2 you are getting? If you can tell us we can give you a better idea of what to do. If it is BT Broadband and BT Infinity 1 you install the homehub yourself so there would be no engineer.

If you need powerline adaptors you can buy them at local computer shop or online. It might be that you won't need them depending on what option you are getting so you would be better to wait and see once it's installed.