Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cab50
Beginner
Message 1 of 23

wireless dropping.....new issue.....wired is fine

Go to solution

I have exhausted my limited IT knowledge.

Have a BT homehub 5 on broadband - all working fine until today...

Hub is connected to a netgear 24 port - with wired network around house and 3 netgear wireless routers around the home wired in.

I noticed today my printer wired to the hub, had a temporary address 169.254.... - my BT hub is the DHCP.

And all my wireless devices keep dropping wireless - constantly - all of them are ipads or iphones.

Have taken everything down and re started.  Just cannot seem to see the issue especially as i am getting internet from my wired pc.  It is odd that the wireless connection goes and my gear reverts to 3G.

Is it the home hub DHCP not working? Is there a BT fault? 

Can anyone suggest any tests i can do or anything it maybe.

Thanks in advance

Colin

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23

Re: wireless dropping.....new issue.....wired is fine

Go to solution

Hi cab50 and welcome,

Sorry you're having problems with the connection. Have you tried switching off the smart wireless function? Can you give us as much detail on the problem as possible and we'll try to help. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
andyshort76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution
Same problem here.

Home Hub 5 was fine until a couple of weeks ago. Now wireless devices are constantly dropping the wireless connection. The infinity DSL connection is stable and the line doesn't drop.

This is affecting browsing on my iPhone, IPad and Apple TV. The only change I can see is that the firmware on the HH5 was updated recently!

Can BT revert the firmware to the earlier version please until this issue has been resolved?

0 Ratings
andyshort76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution
I have noticed in the event log that the Home Hub is disassociating and reassociating every wireless device every five minutes or so!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Skable
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

Having this exact same issue, again only recently started doing this.

0 Ratings
Socar
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution

I have the same issue it since last update 

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204 (Type A) Last updated 11/01/15

0 Ratings
quinnster77
Contributor
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution
Same for me & also getting daily restarts since this new firmware. Tried a factory reset. Still same issue.
0 Ratings
sheepie1985
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

Just seen this, I'm also having the same issues and the date of 11/02/15 seems to make sense to when I started having problems

0 Ratings
Skyboy
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

I have the same problem. The printer and the hub report the same IP but can't print from macbook or ipad unless I reset the home hub 3. It then works for a while and then drops the connection again. Since around Xmas the macbook struggles to connect to the hub on start up. If I force a connection to BTfon and then change it to the hub it connects ok. Sometimes it won't reconnect after every "sleep" 

I suspect there has been an update that has created the issue. Any help from BT much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution
you can check for any firmware upgrades as the date of any update is shown at the bottom of each page of the hub manager I am not aware of any recent HH3 updates
0 Ratings