cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mommagrito
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

wireless mouse and keyboard

when I turn on my computer, I get a message:- BTTray  ERROR. unable to start the Bluetooth stack service.  It is taking me twice as long to do anything as it does not seem to be connecting.  Please help

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: wireless mouse and keyboard

The BT in this instance will stand for BlueTooth and not BT as in your Internet provider.

If you go to Start > Control Panel > Device Manager > Check for any yellow exclamation marks. If there are any it will probably be a software fault with for the keyboard and mouse or someother bluetooth device you have connected. You could either try uninstalling what it is  and let windows reinstall it or you should find out the manufacturer of it and go to their website and download the latest software/drivers.

mommagrito
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Thanks for trying to help me solve the issue.  I went into device manager but there was no yellow exclamation and I am not confident enough to attempt to uninstall and reinstall, I did restore my computer to an earlier date and hoped that would solve it but the error is still showing but thanks anyway for your advice.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

Have you recently installed anything?

What made you think it might be your wireless mouse and keyboard?

You could try turning off the blue tooth on your computer. This would however stop anything that is connected by bluetooth from working, which could be your wireless mouse and key board.

Disable Bttray (BlueTooth Control Program)

Steps:

1. Close all running programs and windows.
2. Select the Start button.
3. Choose “Control Panel”
4. Select “Administrative Tools”
5. Select “Services”
6. Select the Bttray service.
7. Right click and Choose “Disable” and follow the prompts to disable the program.
8. Restart the computer.

mommagrito
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

I could not find any Administral tools in the Control Panel, so I am no further forward and afraid to press the wrong buttons and end up worse than I was to start with, but once again thanks for trying to help me, I think I will have to call in the proffessionals.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

It may be that in the control panel it is showing "category" view. If it is you will see "system and security" click on it and you will then see "administrative tools" click on that and you will see "services".

If you are not confident making changes on your computer it may be best if you do seek some profesional help. Make sure you get a quote first and if possible a no fix no fee repair.

mommagrito
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

went into services and found bluetooth services, bluetooth support and BThelp wizard do you think if I pressed on the wizard that it might fix it automaticly.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

I am not aware of that program but if it is a help wizard it will be either run itself or guide you through steps of how to do a fix. Keep in mind that it might not fix your specific problem. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

I have just re-read your post, if you are meaning the BT Desktop Help wizard as a against a BlueToothhelp wizard that could be your problem.

If you have BTdesktop Help installed on your computer that can cause problems. My advice would to be uninstall it.

To do that go to Start > Control Panel > Programs / uninstall a program or Programs & Features > Look for BT Desktop Help > uninstall. restart your computer.

0 Ratings
mommagrito
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciated your advice by trying to help solve my problem and let you know that I got someone in on a no fix no fee and the problem is now sorted and hope that I will be able to get your help again if the need arises.  Once again thankyou, I know a little bit more about my computer because of your advice.

0 Ratings