BT Mail app?

With the new BT Mail service launching, maybe bt could launch a BT mail app for iOS/Android? Instead of people manually having to set up email on their iOS/Android device, there could be a dedicated app? I understand that the new email platform has only just been released, but this would be a really nice feature! Cat Happy

Thanks, Dylan.

6 Comments
DaftPunk
Contributor

I would second this! 

The Yahoo Mail app works perfectly (for me at least). I'd want an app that can do the email side and sync contacts to my device (like Yahoo Mail does). If it could sync my BT calendar too that would be a bonus.

If I set up my mail using "native" andoid email client, then my mobile provider (orange) charge an extra £5 a month for sending/receiving email, so an app is the solution to avoid this.

I've used the mobile version  of the BT.com Email page and it's horrible. It doesn't save my login, and I have to scroll mile down the page to find the action buttons. Not very user friendly, and of course it doesn't sync contacts.

If BT can develop an app to watch the sport channels, then they should be able to develop an app to do email.

Without a BT Mail app I will be forced to move my email\contacts\calendar to either Yahoo or Gmail and leave BT.

Cheers,

BigD
Contributor

Well, finally, I have been "migrated" to the new BT Mail - would have liked a bit of warning - I knew it was happening at some point, but BT could have kept me informed a bit better!

As for an app - this is a "business critical" necessity!

I've been using Yahoo mail app since 2012 and now I can't use it since the migration - why on earth hasn't BT got their act together!  WE NEED A BT MAIL APP!!!

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage

Any email app will work with BTMail. Try K9 or Aquamail on Android or if using Apple do a search of the Apple store. There are many to choose from.

smurf001
Contributor

So far I have not found any Mail app that works as well as the Yahoo App.  BT have said they are developing their own, but they won't give any timescale.

hutchweb
Beginner

Yahoo app worked differently to other apps as it allowed me to search 7 years worth of online emails from my tablet, and link to my online contacts without holding them on my tablet. Anybody know of any other Android app that will allow that?

Come on BT, my spam is up the wall and I have now lost easy access to all my emails.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage

Try AquaMail app.