Discount for BB customers who hate football

Discount for BB customers who hate football

0 Ratings

BT is forever telling people, myself included, that it is not "cost effective" to provide them with Infinity (even though, in my case, there is an Infinity cabinet just across the road) yet they can waste £738m buying the rights to football.

If that wasn't bad enough, they then have the cheek to market it as though I'm getting a freebie. As I find football only marginally more interesting than watching grass grow I'm acutally paying (albeit indirectly) for something I don't want.

How about a decent discount on BB charges for your loyal customers who have no interest in football? You could then block access to BT Sport for those accounts.

I've recently switched my mobile to Orange and they keep offering what appears to be a very good deal on home BB - I'm very tempted.

6 Comments
toekneem
Distinguished Guru

Good idea, but it aint gonna happen.

I don't want the phone, but still have to pay line rental to get the broadband. We all pay for something that we don't want, that's what happens with packages.

Ectophile
Distinguished Guru

Not only is it not going to happen, but BT are going to put up their prices for everybody next January.

Bob1001
Expert

It was a silly idea anyway there are still many people who do not want sport. They should have spent the money on customer services and reducing prices.

pr

copy of conversation I tried to have with BT

edited by mod

CUT OF BY MYA AS I WAS WRITING THE LST BIT WHICH FOLLOWS

will you pass the last bit of this correspondence on to the relevant people as if you sorry not you BT only give your staff the increase that was about 1/2 % for some lucky people others got nothing how can they possibly have reason to such exorbitant increases to their customers and make such profits them give them to the rich people who have the shares in bt

SO PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO THE MANAGERS/DIRECTORS OF bt

pr

How can BT and other (GAS ELECTRIC WATER RAIL previously state owned and OIL/PETROL) companies justify such increases

Whilst making such profits in the region of billions and billions year after year

Then give the profits to such a minority of people

NEVER IN THE FIELD OF HUMAN CONFLICT

HAVE SO MANY GIVEN SO MUCH

TO SO FEW

bobbear
Contributor

I also object strongly to having to pay for BT sport which I have no interest in whatsoever. The money should have gone into improving the existing service and pushing the BT Infinity program, (it looks like infinity will be the time I get it...). Another serious concern is if the cost of BT sport is partially recovered by increasing BT wholesale prices as that will reduce competition & should be referred to the Competition Commission, (the old Monopolies and Mergers Commission). At least at the moment we can vote with our feet, but if BT unfairly increase wholesale prices then competition is distorted.