Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 17

0800 800 150 "not recognised"

Go to solution

I've been trying to call the BT 150 number all day but the number is "not recognised".  In fact, the message kicks in after the second 800, so before I've even finished entering the number

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 17

Re: 0800 800 150 "not recognised"

Go to solution

From landline or mobile ?

bt Retail customer?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Sorry, I should have said.

Yes, BT landline, retail customer.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

If landline you just need to dial 150

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Perhaps you have a crossed line?

Dial 17070 and see if the number that is read out, matches the phone number on your bill.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Well, I'm glad to find out that I can just dial 150 (thank you!), but now ... do I have a new problem?  I just tried the 17070 test, and I got a completely different number.  What does that mean, in laymen's terms?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

You have a crossed line and need to report it - guess where - 151

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

@danielle1 wrote:

Well, I'm glad to find out that I can just dial 150 (thank you!), but now ... do I have a new problem?  I just tried the 17070 test, and I got a completely different number.  What does that mean, in laymen's terms?

It means that your line is crossed with another, and the other person`s calls will appear on your bill, and vice versa, It will also cause problems with your broadband.

If you make a note of the number that is read back, and tell BT that your line is crosseg with that number, then they will get Openreach to look at it.

It could be a number belonging to another provider, but then you would not get BT if you dual 150.

It could also be a "stopped" BT line, which usually only allows calls to 150.

Was it a broadband issue to were trying to report?

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Many thanks for the info.  If I hadn't had a problem with the new hub confusion, I would have never known about this crossed line.  All the bills are correct, as far as the calls listed.  I always check everything.

But might this be in any way connected to the second hub being ordered and delivered (see my only other post)?  Or is that just a coincidence?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

No, I was trying to call about the second order for a Hub 2 appearing on my account and the Hub being delivered (see my other post).  I wanted to make sure the mistake was cleared up. 

0 Ratings