cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

100% call blocking phone let through nuisance call

We bought one of these phones a few weeks ago and it has worked brilliantly, not one nuisance call... until this morning. We were rudely awakened at 7.30 on a Saturday after my husband has been working 15 hour days all week. The display read that it was the GP calling but it was actually an Internet Provider scam call. When I did 1471 it was a mobile number which happens to end with the same 6 digits as our local GP. Is that all the system goes on, was the phone a bit sleepy this morning and think, well, close enough I'll let them through? Or is there some way that scammers have found to mask the number?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: 100% call blocking phone let through nuisance call

@Moonkitty79wrote:

We bought one of these phones a few weeks ago and it has worked brilliantly, not one nuisance call... until this morning. We were rudely awakened at 7.30 on a Saturday after my husband has been working 15 hour days all week. The display read that it was the GP calling but it was actually an Internet Provider scam call. When I did 1471 it was a mobile number which happens to end with the same 6 digits as our local GP. Is that all the system goes on, was the phone a bit sleepy this morning and think, well, close enough I'll let them through? Or is there some way that scammers have found to mask the number?

It's called number spoofing, everyday occurrence nowadays and cannot be stopped, Google 'number spoofing' for more info 

Message 3 of 3

Re: 100% call blocking phone let through nuisance call

Please see https://www.bt.com/consumer/edw/scams/

If you found this post helpful 🙂 then please let me know by clicking the thumbs up button below. On the other hand, if you found it unhelpful 😞 then please let me know by clicking the thumbs up button below . 😄