Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: 11th Feb and counting

Go to solution

It is retail law and BT are flouting it. They should be taken to task more often.

It is up to BT retail and all the other ISPs to force Openreach to do what they are employed to do. If that means getting the paper tigers at Ofcom to do something then they should.

It is a cop out for BT to pass the buck. It is totally their responsibility to get any problems fixed.

It is because none of the ISP do push Openreach that the problems with them exist.

Because BT and the other ISPs do not say to the customer "Your line is broken, Openreach won't fix it, so we're cancelling your contract.  Here's your line rental back.  Goodbye".  the problems continue. 

Although what they should say is "Your line is broken, BT,the company that you pay your money to and have the contract with can't fix it, so we're cancelling your contract.  Here's your line rental back.  Goodbye".   It would help everybody if they did that. It would stop the complacency that has become the norm and if they did do that as well as have to pay a realistic compensation it wouldn't be long until they noticed the lost revenue and started to put pressure on Openreach.

The bottom line is that it is 100% BT's responsibility to deliver their product to their paying customers. It matters not a jot in law or to the customer that Openreach is involved. It is solely BT and the other ISPs problem to resolve the poor service they get from Openreach.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Hi Chris-O,

Thanks for posting. Sorry there's been a delay in getting this sorted for you. I'll be happy to lend a hand with this. Can you drop me an email with your details? You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile. Once I have your details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Chris-O
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Happy to report that after all this waiting, Openreach or BT FINALLY fixed the network / underground issue and service has been restored. Still annoyed at the unreasonable time it's taken and will be looking into being refunded for the downtime.

Thanks DavidM but it's been sorted so I won't need to burden you!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

Glad to hear you got it resolved.  I hope you aren't expecting much compensation for the down time. It is usually a days rental for each day without service starting on the third day after you reported the fault and I believe you will need to claim it. It is not automatically credited to you.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9394/~/customer-service-guarantee

0 Ratings
Chris-O
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Thanks.

Yes I'm sure that will be the case, wouldn't have expected anything else really given their track record so far.

And yes, I'm aware that compensation will be as little as they can get away with but I'll keep reminding them that's for sure.

0 Ratings