cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gr1ff
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 16

Re: 151

If temporary is defined as over a week then maybe.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

Try dialling 1470 17070 to make sure that your phone number has not been crossed with another line. You should hear your number spoken back to you.

0 Ratings
Gr1ff
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 16

No crossed lines. It just confirms my number. 

0 Ratings
ChrisC
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 16

Might this be part of the fault if the number has dropped off the phone routing system?

You can still get through on 0800 800 151, Option 1 and then wait to get to the desk.

0 Ratings
Gr1ff
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 16

I've left it 10 days before replying and the problem still exists so it's definately not a temporary glitch.

0 Ratings
bfg
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 16

As everything else seems to have been ruled out, it sounds like you have been marked as another service provider, this could either be on the BT Openreach systems (either just an error on the system or you have been slammed by another SP and will soon get bills from them as well) or on the BT Retail system.

If either 'computer says' your not with BT retail you wont be able to use 151.

It could also be an issue with BT's automatic system, but I guess not as your having a problem dialling (if the issue was with the robot it would say 'your not with BT call your SP').

I imagine this will be a bit of a nightmare to sort out, as BT Retail can only really see their systems and not Openreach's, so finding the problem will take them a while and then fixing it will take a lot longer.

Goodluck, you might need itSmiley Frustrated

0 Ratings