cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinoban
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Why won't you allow changes to the number of rings before it kicks in? Modern phones seem to have quieter rings - or maybe it our age - but it is getting very difficult for us to hear the phone and then reach it before it takes over. Unless we are allowed to increase the number of rings to something reasonable - say 12-16 - then we will have to discontinue what would otherwise be a useful service.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: 1571

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

If you need direct help from BT or have an urgent problem please use this linkContact Us.

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, account numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 7

Hi, according to the help pages, the number of rings cannot be amended. http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8374/kw/1571/c/345,350,1084
0 Ratings
martinoban
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

I know. That's what I am complaining about.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Helios
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

You can increase the amount of rings on the 1571 Call Minder Service... The basic BT Answer 1571 is defaulted to 7 I think and can't be amended.

If you want to increase the amount of rings you'll have to upgrade. Or cancel the service and get an answering machine.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 7

"I know. That's what I am complaining about."

My mistake, I thought you wanted help, not simply to whinge.
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

I think 1571 is expensive and useless. Buy an answering machine instead that's the path I chose. Complete control.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings