cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmarky
Message 1 of 7

1572: Unblocking a wrongly blocked number

This is a question on behalf of my mother-in-law who accidentally blocked a number she didn't want blocked.

She called the bt help line, but was told she would have to log in to her mybt account and change her settings to rectify the mistake. Unfortunately she cancelled her broadband and email some time ago (as they were hardly being used) and so cannot now set up a mybt account as the prerequisite for this is a valid email address and password!

Is she stuck with a wrongly blocked number or is there some other way round this situation?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: 1572: Unblocking a wrongly blocked number

@bmarky wrote:

This is a question on behalf of my mother-in-law who accidentally blocked a number she didn't want blocked.

She called the bt help line, but was told she would have to log in to her mybt account and change her settings to rectify the mistake. Unfortunately she cancelled her broadband and email some time ago (as they were hardly being used) and so cannot now set up a mybt account as the prerequisite for this is a valid email address and password!

Is she stuck with a wrongly blocked number or is there some other way round this situation?

Thanks in advance.

It’s surprising that Call Protect is still active after cancelling. But it makes sense, if the user has a phone.

However, 1572 option 3 allows the user to cancel all blacklisted numbers......you would then need to add the other numbers you have blocked......if Call Protect remains activated.

You can report post backs if there are problems.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 7

Further to last post.

If the blocked caller leaves a message: listen to the message, (option  4).

Then follow the instructions as to how to proceed. Think it will give you a guide to remove that number from the blacklist.

0 Ratings
bmarky
Message 4 of 7

Ok, thanks Ribblelancs, will look into it.
0 Ratings
DavidBRose
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I just tested this by blocking my mobile number. I then played the message and selected option 4. That only tells you what the number was, but no way to remove the blocked number.  So now my mobile is blocked and I don't know how to unblock it!  

Ooops!  😞

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@DavidBRose You'll need to login to your MyBT account with your BT ID and follow the below steps.

Go to the BT Call Protect portal

Under Your blacklisted numbers locate the phone number to be removed

Click Edit

Click Remove from blacklist

call protect blacklist.png

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
DavidBRose
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Thanks very much.  I assumed I could have done it using my phone, but it's easy via the web site.

Kind regards

David

0 Ratings