Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peteros
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

1572 and 1571

Go to solution

When I installed the new free BT Call Protect 1572 it required cancellation of my existing Call Minder 1571. Was this correct, and does anyone have experience of adding back in BT Answer 1571 at £2.25 per month? By the way 1572 seems very effective. Thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: 1572 and 1571

Go to solution

@peteros wrote:

When I installed the new free BT Call Protect 1572 it required cancellation of my existing Call Minder 1571. Was this correct, and does anyone have experience of adding back in BT Answer 1571 at £2.25 per month? By the way 1572 seems very effective. Thanks.

Was your existing Call Minder originally given as a free service? This adds another variable to the complex contract renewal process with BT. Smiley Indifferent

I had a similar experience in ordering the HH6: 1571 was no longer free, but at least BT didn't cancel it; they increased the bill.

It's a bit mean of them to cancel your 1571, but to be fair, they did give you a warning.

Ignoring the cost element though, it's a good option to add back the Caller Minder service.

Now, the new situation with Call Protect is that if you dial 1571 you gain access to "real" voice messages. In addition the 1571 will tell you if any "junk" callers' messages have been received....You still have to dial 1572 to access them though.

0 Ratings
peteros
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Many thanks, Rib. My Call Minder was paid-for from several years ago, and has now been correctly removed from my bill.

Does your last paragraph mean that you have free 1572 and paid-for 1571 in place yourself?

best wishes, peteros.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@peteros wrote:

Many thanks, Rib. My Call Minder was paid-for from several years ago, and has now been correctly removed from my bill.

Does your last paragraph mean that you have free 1572 and paid-for 1571 in place yourself?

best wishes, peteros.

Am on BT Privacy, Caller Display, plus Call Minder..It's all paid for....and prices are increasing, from 2nd April.

It's all confusing.

I originally had a BT cordless phone which flashed up a green light to show a message was received.

Then two models later I have "another" mfrs phone which leaves an icon on the LCD screen to show that someone has called.

You then look in the calls listing.

You need Call Minder for "answerphone" type services. This, of course, makes your phone answering machine redundant. However the BT service is more reliable, and you still get the calls listing on your phone, plus 1571 and now 1572..

0 Ratings
peteros
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks again, I will wait now and see how my next bill turns out. P.
0 Ratings
peteros
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I've now ordered and received BT Answer 1571 with BT Call Protect. The block list facilities and the answering service are working well, and the overall bill is cheaper than Call Minder and ACR.

0 Ratings