Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoyMS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

1572 junk voicemail broken?

Go to solution

I find that option 3 of 1572 has stopped working. 

When I phone that number one gets three options - I only want the third "junk voicemail" option. After it is announced I press 3 and the line goes dead. It was working in the last few weeks but not recently. When I have no junk voicemails it says so, the line doesnt just go dead.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: 1572 junk voicemail broken?

Go to solution
Working here ok
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

@RoyMS wrote:

When I phone that number one gets three options - I only want the third "junk voicemail" option. After it is announced I press 3 and the line goes dead. It was working in the last few weeks but not recently. When I have no junk voicemails it says so, the line doesnt just go dead.

That's the result if you have no junk messages.

It's better to have Call Minder/1571 services.

If you dial 1571 it will tell you if you have normal caller messages, and  then to dial 1572 to listen to  junk voicemail, if any.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

@RoyMS wrote:

On several occasions I get a continuos tone.  Ribble has suggested that this is what one gets when one has no messages but I do sometimes get "you have no messages", si I think they may not be totally accurate.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@pompey1898 wrote:

@RoyMS wrote:

On several occasions I get a continuos tone.  Ribble has suggested that this is what one gets when one has no messages but I do sometimes get "you have no messages", si I think they may not be totally accurate.

OK

I don't get junk messages. But it's not the same if you have Call Minder/1571. That's the first number you dial.

It's option 4  in 1572 to access junk messages.

Also depends on whether BT actually blocked calls. (Or whether another device blocked calls).

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi All,

1572 Option 3 working normally for me this morning with the "you have no messages".

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@pompey1898 wrote:

Hi All,

1572 Option 3 working normally for me this morning with the "you have no messages".

Correct!

Today, My option 4 actually says "You have no messages".

Must be the wind direction. :Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Highlighted
RoyMS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks all. Today I get "You have no messages " on 1572 Option 3. I have Call Protect only.

This is the message I normally receive, but at the weekend it went to a tone instead.

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

I only check my junk mail messages once a week or so.  The response still varies form a tone and "you have no messages".

I currently have 131 calls sent to my junk voicemail in the last 30 days but not one messge left.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

@pompey1898 wrote:

I only check my junk mail messages once a week or so.  The response still varies form a tone and "you have no messages".

I currently have 131 calls sent to my junk voicemail in the last 30 days but not one messge left.

The status of 1572, Junk Messages, today is an unobtainable tone.

However, if you  subscribe to 1571 / call minder the message does say "You have no new 1572 messages".

Received a call today which was sent to Junk. This caller was presumably blocked by BT 's own database as nuisance.

A further check on a website also revealed that this particular caller is a known nuisance. Nothing was lost!

0 Ratings