cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bishop27828
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

4 repair attempts, still not working.

The 18th, 30th, 2nd, & 6th. These are the dates I've been told my phoneline would be fixed. Still it's not working at all. I've spoekn out at a local communiry meeting and nobody else is having any issues even close to this.
Can someone please tell me if this will be fixed very quickly?
I run a business from home, so broadband is essential. Having spoken to the sky info booth in the local shopping centre, they've confirmed that they can install a new working line to my house if I sign up for a package with them. Surely BT can install a new working line too?
Tags (3)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: 4 repair attempts, still not working.

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

changing provider will have no effect as they all use the same Openreach network there would be no new line installed just your existing line reused and could take 7/10 days to move supplier also if in contract you would be liable for cancellation charges Openreach do have a very large backlog of work due to the recent storms they will get the fault cleared as soon as possible there has been a lot of damage to infrastructure
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: 4 repair attempts, still not working.

@bishop27828 wrote:
The 18th, 30th, 2nd, & 6th. These are the dates I've been told my phoneline would be fixed. Still it's not working at all. I've spoekn out at a local communiry meeting and nobody else is having any issues even close to this.
Can someone please tell me if this will be fixed very quickly?
I run a business from home, so broadband is essential. Having spoken to the sky info booth in the local shopping centre, they've confirmed that they can install a new working line to my house if I sign up for a package with them. Surely BT can install a new working line too?

You are not allowed to operate a business on a BT Residential line.

If you are a business user, please could you post on the BT Business forum at http://business.forums.bt.com/

Business lines get priority over Residential, for provision and repair.

BT do not provide or maintain the external network. This is done by Openreach who work for all service providers. BT do not get any special treatment.

0 Ratings