cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toomanychoices
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

6500 code number error

Hi all, I hope someone can help me, please. I got the BT6500 call blocker phone for my elderly parents. I can block individual numbers by using the code number I set up but when it comes to blocking things like international calls as a bulk block it says my code number is incorrect. As far as I can tell, there is only 1 code number so I can't see why it won't accept it.
Incidentally, I contacted BT by email as it suggested in the instruction book, asking them to contact me as I knew my parents wouldn't understand what they were talking about. BT responded by adding an order of 'refuse to accept' on my line! It's at this point I started to lose the will to carry on....
Thanks for your time
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: 6500 code number error

Hi Toomanychoices and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems setting up the call blocking. Pages 8 and 9 of the user guide will give you details on how to do that. Take a look and let me know how you get on.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Toomanychoices
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: 6500 code number error

Thanks for replying David, but I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing.

I have changed the code number and, successfully barred individual calls, i.e. when I request to block those calls, it asks for the code number, I enter it and we go from there.

When I want to block 'international calls' it asks for the code number, I enter and it bleeps and says it is incorrect.

Why is this? There aren't two code numbers are there? I certainly can't find notice of two.

Thanks again for your help with this.

0 Ratings