cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

7 months and no fix after moving from Virgin

Has anyone come across this before?

In June 2012 I moved house in St Albans and moved providers from Virgin to BT. I took my Virgin number with me.

I can only receive calls if they are made from within the same area code 01727. If anyone phones from a mobile or outside my area, eg 0171, they just get a dead tone.

BT have now sent Openreach to my home 5 times and I have spent money having the house line and equipment independantly tested. It all passes with no errors and the previous occupier had no issues at all.

They have contacted Virgin each and everytime and Virgin claim to have released the number correctly.

I complained to the Ombudsman who decided (God only knows why) that there may still be a fault with my equipment despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.  So I have hit a dead-end with the BT / Openreach / Ombudsman triangle known from now on as BOO !

I am still being charged, there appears to be no fix, they will not refund me, release me. My option appears to be to take them to court for non-performance.

Anyone any ideas?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: 7 months and no fix after moving from Virgin

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to investigate what is going on, and keep you updated.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Ok Keith - thank you - a start at least.

Regards

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

They are usually very good at sorting things out. Its probably a network routing error, its happened before, as I have seen similar post on this forum.

0 Ratings