Message 22 of 27

Re: 85 year old with unreliable phone service

Thank you John.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 27

Hi A1944,

Thanks for posting back.

I'll arrange for this to be picked up again and you'll hear word back later today.

All the best,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
A1944
Expert
Message 24 of 27

Thank you Robbie.  This is very worrying for us as we are quite a distance away and old ourselves and so rushing over there to see if he is alright is not an option.

The time between the previous exchanges and yesterday will give the engineers some idea of the intermittent nature of this problem.  This is how it has been for about a year now and persuading anyone to take it seriously has been a real problem.

0 Ratings
A1944
Expert
Message 25 of 27

For information I have now had contact from BT in N. Ireland and the problem will, I am told, be investigated further and, hopefully, will finally be solved.

0 Ratings
A1944
Expert
Message 26 of 27

Latest update on this.

The problem has been continuing intermittently, including last night. 

An engineer visited today, having spoken to me on the phone first, and checked his end of things.  As far as I know nothing untoward was found and so he went to the exchange and replaced something there.

We are speaking with him right now, for the second time today and so far so good.  We will wait with baited breath to see what happens over the coming days and weeks.

If one of the mods is able to access the engineer's comments, I would be interested to know what he had to say.

0 Ratings
A1944
Expert
Message 27 of 27

I have had feedback from the call centre in Ulster to say that the second engineer (the one who came yesterday) changed the line card at the exchange and generally checked things through there, so hopefully that will be an end to this. 

I am pleased to say that, once the mods raised this again, I was given a single named contact there and so at least there was continuity in what was going on instead of talking to various anonymous operators thousands of miles away, none of whom really knew what the others had done.

0 Ratings