Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
vwlowen
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

A Good Start To The Year

Well, here we go again. A new year and the same old nuisance calls. Just over one week in and this:

----

1. Sun 3 Jan 14:21 Unavailable
2. 20:08 International
3. Mon 4 Jan 13:56 Withheld
4. 15:46 International
5. Tue 5 Jan 09:50 Withheld
6. 11:30 International
7. 13:05 Withheld
8. 15:22 Withheld
9. Wed 6 Jan 14:47 International
10. 15:24 Withheld
11. Thu 7 Jan 11:09 Unavailable
12. 17:48 Withheld
13. Fri 8 Jan 14:11 International
14. Sun 10 Jan 14:55 International
15. 18:23 Withheld
16. Mon 11 Jan 20:46 Unavailable
17. Tues 12 Jan 10:21 International
18. Wed 13 Jan 09:07 International
19. 10:41 Withheld

Blocking these numbers - particularly Withheld numbers - isn't the answer, especially as we get older, because a lot of official establishments that may want/need to get in touch show a withheld or unavailable number. Council offices, Doctor's surgeries and Hospitals for example.

They tend to be pre-recorded announcements so the TPS isn't interested and the ICO is a waste of space because they only act if *specific* organisations are becoming a nuisance whereas the problem is the sheer number of these callers - even though they may all be from different companies.

I'm wondering if a change of number may help - or may it make it worse?  Do you think the sheer volume of calls I'm getting may qualify me for a number change free of charge?  I am willing to pay but not if the problem is not any better after the change.

Any advice on what my next step might be would be appreciated.

John.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: A Good Start To The Year

as there are no 'new' numbers you will get a recycled number - may be an improvement but could easily have been used by a local takeaway

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Havnalaff
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: A Good Start To The Year

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you're suffering with nuisance calls, we were suffering daily with 'nonsense callers' also, so I put in an answering machine, and this has solved all the problems we had. Anyone really needing to contact you leaves a message that you can listen to and act upon at your leisure, and the 'dodgy' callers just ring off! I hope you get a resolution soon!

0 Ratings