cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Account number confusion

I currently have a Broadband and Pay as you Go phone package and want to upgrade to the 500 minutes package which seems to cost an extra £5. So I have chosen Landline Manage  then Upgrade and then 'Select my bills' radio button but the account number that appears is an old one beginning "WS" (whereas when I log in to MyBT I see the new account number beginning "GB") and I get a message "this line is no longer used".

How can I sort this?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Account number confusion

Suggest you try to arrange the upgrade by logging in to MyBT and then select YOUR PRODUCTS, then landline MANAGE. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

There is normally a dropdown option, where you can select the correct account number.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Thanks Carlusha but same thing happens

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Thanks Keith - there is a drop-down option when I log in but the default is the new account number when I log in which is correct. The problem is when I choose "Select My Bills" the old account number appears and there is no way to change it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Please bear in mind that with the current crisis, it could take a long time for one of them to deal with your request.

Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

Hi @Inky,

Thank you for posting. If you send me in your details, I'll take a look at this for you.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact me.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings