Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Account showing old landline number

Go to solution

Hi,

I have noticed that, on a number of BT web pages associated with my account details, my old landline number is still showing instead of my current number.

We moved house over 8 months ago and took on a new landline number but the account is obviously still linked in some way to the old number. A number of call centre operators have noted this and “promised” to rectify things ..... but clearly they either haven’t bothered or couldn’t.

Can anyone advise who can fix this? I’ve looked to see if it’s something I can do manually through my account but a landline number doesn’t seem to feature.

Kind regards,

Scott

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Account showing old landline number

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks @Keith_Beddoe 🙂

@sbrodie This should be simple to fix, but if the helpdesk has had trouble getting it done then we may need to raise a system fault. Either way, I will send you a private message shortly with information on how to contact us. Please include all of the details requested, and someone from the team will give you a call over the next day or two.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Many thanks @StephanieG.

Information sent via PM.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

That's great @sbrodie, thanks for that. 

Just a heads up, we'll probably need to give you a ring to confirm your BT ID and go through some security questions, so if you're only available at certain times or on a specific contact number please let me know.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@StephanieGwrote:

That's great @sbrodie, thanks for that. 

Just a heads up, we'll probably need to give you a ring to confirm your BT ID and go through some security questions, so if you're only available at certain times or on a specific contact number please let me know.

Thanks

Available on contact number given over weekend and Mon 25/Tues 26.

Highlighted
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @sbrodie thanks for taking my call earlier and I have updated your bt.com profile now. Please check and if you find any references to the old number post back and let me know.

Cheers
John

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Many thanks @JohnC2.

I think that things are fixed.

0 Ratings