cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Activated landline - add broadband & tv

I’ve just moved into a property, and got confirmation that the landline was activated yesterday. 

I was told that only once this was done, could I then order broadband and TV packages. 

I called up today to get everything started but was told that I had to wait 7 days before I will need to call back and order the broadband/TV package.

Is this correct?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Activated landline - add broadband & tv

@Cosullivan73 wrote:

I’ve just moved into a property, and got confirmation that the landline was activated yesterday. 

I was told that only once this was done, could I then order broadband and TV packages. 

I called up today to get everything started but was told that I had to wait 7 days before I will need to call back and order the broadband/TV package.

Is this correct?

Yes, the Openreach database has to be updated to reflect the fact that you now have an active connection. This will change your line status to "gold" and will allow you to add broadband to your line. It should be update by the end of Friday of this week.

You will be able to check this by using this form, and it will confirm you have a BT Retail number, and what services are available.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Its normally better to order online, if you can, as there are often special deals.

Message 3 of 16

Thanks for the quick response. 

I’ve used the broadband checker link with my landline number, and the majority of it appears to be self explanatory for a novice like me. 

What will I see change when it has become ‘gold’?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

@Cosullivan73 wrote:

Thanks for the quick response. 

I’ve used the broadband checker link with my landline number, and the majority of it appears to be self explanatory for a novice like me. 

What will I see change when it has become ‘gold’?

If it already shows your options, then in theory, you should be able to place an order for broadband, unless there are parts of your landline order that need to close, as that will stop you placing another order at the moment. That would seem the most likely reason. Did you try to place the order for broadband online?

What does the checker show? Post the results here, but remember to edit out your landline number, before you post the results.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

IMG_0269-min.jpg

I called BT earlier, rather than trying online. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

You must be a very long distance from the exchange, as you are only going to get a 1Mb ADSL connection at the moment, no good for TV.

Its possible that the database has not fully updated yet.

What cabinet number and exchange name was showing, as that is missing from your display?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Exchange LEYTONSTONE / Cabinet 56

I believe it is less than 200 metres from where I live  

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

@Cosullivan73 wrote:

Exchange LEYTONSTONE / Cabinet 56

I believe it is less than 200 metres from where I live  

Is it this one?

Cabinet P56   Openreach fibre not available            E10 6LJ  
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

I assume so, it just says this above the screenshot I posted:

Telephone Number XXXXXXXXXXX on Exchange LEYTONSTONE is served by Cabinet 56

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

@Cosullivan73 wrote:

I assume so, it just says this above the screenshot I posted:

Telephone Number XXXXXXXXXXX on Exchange LEYTONSTONE is served by Cabinet 56

And your postcode matched the information from the link I posted?

Do any of your neighbours get a faster broadband connection from BT?

Its possible they have an FTTP connection (direct fibre).

Post Code:E10 6LJ  Locality:Scott's Road, Leytonstone, LondonDistrict:Waltham Forest  Ward:Grove GreenCountry:England20CN IPStream:ADSLExchange Distance:224m21CN WBC:ADSL2+  Broadband Speed2% area full fibre 300MB or better, 100% area up to 300MBMarket Area:Low Cost, Competitive (B)BT Exchange:LeytonstoneExchange Code:LNLEY

0 Ratings