Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BarneyR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Adding cordless phone

Go to solution

I have a cordless phone setup (Philips CD445 Trio). I also have a BT system (freelance XC1500 - base unit + 1 handset  unit) which I no longer use.

I would like to add the satellite unit to the Philips Trio. I know this normally can be done by putting the unit to be reregistered on the base unit; pressing find then following instructions on the handset being reregistered. However, the BT phone does not fit on the Philips base unit (too wide).

Is there a solution to this problem?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 12

Re: Adding cordless phone

Go to solution
If you register the freelance to the Phillips base station, then just use the freelance base station as a charger, just make sure the freelance is not plugged into a phone socket.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
BarneyR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
The problem is the 2 makes do not fit on the other base station. How do I get round this?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution
Just use the freelance base to charge the freelance phone and the Phillips charger for the Phillips phone
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

How much wider is the BT handset ie does it look like it would fit if you took the case off? The only other realistic option that I can see to get you around the registering process is to make up some jumper cables and connect that way.

0 Ratings
BarneyR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks for reply.
Case won't come off without breaking it; also, contacts are not same width apart for Philips and BT phones so it seems that jumper cables are the only solution (unfortunately).
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution
I am still uncertain why you are not trying to use the respective chargers. I am sure you are making things more difficult trying to do it your way.
0 Ratings
BarneyR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution
The reason is that the phones are (for historic reasons) on different lines - Philips on BT and Freelance on Virgin and also because of faults I now have 1 BT socket not 4.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

I fail to see what that has to do with anything. The base unit is just going to be used as a charger, it doesn't need connecting to anything other than a mains socket. Are you sure the handset needs to be inserted in a base unit in order to register it?

BarneyR
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
I'm not sure.
I am not an expert (or even other than a beginner).
I have a Philips CD445 Trio (base =2 satellite hand sets) on a BT line and a BT freelance XC1500 base + 1 satellite Previously on a Virgin line and number.
I would like to add 1 or both freelance phones to the Philips setup. Can I? How?
0 Ratings