cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

Additional handsets

Go to solution

I have a BT Premium phone and 2 BT 3540 additional handsets. I have registered thes with the Premium phone but they require me to set time and date. Is this possible from the Premium phone? Or is there a way to skip this step on the additional handsets?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Additional handsets

Go to solution

Hi @darby1canardly  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I'm not sure if it is possible to skip that step on the additional handsets. I've looked at the Premium Phone (page 52) and BT3540 (page 64) user guides and do not see any mention of setting the time and date on additional handsets.  

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Looks like I have been misled as I was informed that these handsets were compatable with all other BT phones. They register OK with the base but base phone can' alter time and date on additions. They do not work without this next step. But thanks for your time.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @darby1canardly  When registering other types of GAP handsets they may only provide limited compatibility but you should be able to use them to make and receive calls ok.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Unfortunately these handsets require the time and date to be set before they do anything.
0 Ratings