Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mitreklov
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Additional phone line order stalled- need help

I ordered an additional phone line installation back in December last year and the engineer install date was set for 11th Jan.

The appointment was set for the 8am - 1pm slot so I waited in. The engineer never showed and there was no contact from BT or OpenReach with an explanation. 

I tried the live chat contact method and got a response that claimed the engineer did not make the appointment due to "an emergency welfare case" that he had to attend ?????? not sure what that means. The live chat operator told me I would be contacted on the 12th with an update. That contact came in the form of a voicemail message left on my mobile which despite listening to repeatedly, I simply could not understand or make out, but it sounded like there was no capacity at the exchange!

As it stands I am no clearer why, nearly a week later I still don't have the second line installed or an indication of when or even whether the line can or will be installed.

Having used this forum before and received help from one of the moderators, I'm hoping someone will be able to pick this one up and find out what is going on.

Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Additional phone line order stalled- need help

if the appointment slot was missed your CP needs to arrange another appointment with you and open reach.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
mitreklov
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thank you.
CP?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

I think Dave means SP (Service Provider).

I assume you are a customer of BT Retail?

Try the  Order Live Chat Team

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

CP...communications provider, OR prefer this to SP when talking about OR's 'customers'

0 Ratings