cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 11 of 16

Re: Allocated existing number from different exchange on move-in, nothing working

Go to solution

Hi Hiatusuk,

Something definitely does look right Smiley Frustrated I am really sorry about this.

Your case handler has left the office for today but I have dropped her a message to contact you ASAP.  I am sure we will get to the bottom of this.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
hiatusuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Re: Allocated existing number from different exchange on move-in, nothing working

Go to solution

So the latest I've been told is this:

"I have today spoken to our orders team and they confirmed the reason the order has not complete is because we cannot provide infinity on your line."

This, 5 and a half weeks after we placed our order, 3 and a half after we were supposedly "activated", dozens of phone calls, online chats, forum messages, etc., all of a sudden a new problem is found.

How is this related to the routing problems that others have mentioned? How can nobody whatsoever have spotted this seemingly fundamental problem until now?

We've paid £180+ for 12 months line rental up-front, £53 for a router, setup fee, and even £8.91 for phone calls someone else made on a line that was never ours. So far, BT has supplied us no service whatsoever: the landline we're using is clearly not going through BT at all (it's not the number we were told, clearly a residual one), and the broadband connection is TalkTalk.

So by rights I should get a complete 100% refund, no?

"They confirmed we would be able to offer you speeds of between 18 and 21Mb. We would need to place a new order for this."

How can I continue with BT amid this insanity? How do I know a third order is going to work any better, after even more time? If anyone was prepared to give me the slightest technical detail then I might be prepared to trust BT again. I just don't understand how this can be so difficult.

According to Sam Knows, we're within a stone's throw of the exchange: https://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/SDHV

Sorry for the despairing tone, but... any advice??

0 Ratings
hiatusuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

I'm posting back here because, yes, this is still ongoing, and because our Support contact is on leave until next week.

The engineer who visited us the other day, and who finally fixed the problem with out phone line at the exchange, mentioned that our non-Infinity broadband order could just be scheduled for activation without needing to be reordered from scratch.

Support said this couldn't be done, and the broadband would nonetheless need reordering. So, having started that process, entering our working phone number, post code, and my email address, I get the following error:

Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 17.34.40.png

I get the same error for every non-Infinity broadband product I've tried (not that there are many). All of those had been previously recommended to us on the basis of our postcode and phone number. For example, this one:

Screen Shot 2015-08-20 at 17.35.12.png

This really is past a joke now. Time and again, we have been misled by BT staff, told that things were working when they weren't when we checked ourselves, and now when asked to reorder, it turns out that nothing can be ordered at all.

I've already been promised a complete 100% refund in the event of any more problems, so really if I can't get any decent answers I will have to exercise that option.

Can anyone help? Just push our order through??

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution
It is best to wait for the mod helping you to return to work
0 Ratings
Highlighted
hiatusuk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

Sure, I can wait, but I had been told: "If you contact us via the forms someone in my team can get this arranged for you in my absence."

I mean, I don't want to sound ungrateful for any of your time, as you may be volunteers for all I know, but when dealing with a huge organisation like BT I don't expect to have to wait 4 extra days just because one person is on leave. I am paying for this, you know. After all the problems I've experienced I do expect a little bit back. I could have had a 40%-off deal if I'd been allowed to order today, but I'm going to miss that offer, and end up paying more for regular broadband than I would originally have paid for Infinity.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

if you use the mods contact us form they use is taking 3/5 working days to be replied to that is why i suggested waiting for the mod dealing to return to work

As normally the mod dealing takes personal ownership until resolved 

0 Ratings