Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mattj666
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Alternative means of communication for vulnerable person

Could someone please tell me if there is another means of communication that my elderly mother could use as her landline is still not working after 9-days. She is virtually housebound and has no relatives living near her. She is supposed to be a priority as the phone line is linked to the red button emergency system, but still the fault persists. A mobile is no use as the signal is too weak for even a phone call.
I’m very annoyed that BT haven’t made good on their priority fix despite being told on several occasions that she is edlerly, infirm and relies on the phone for getting help if needed.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Alternative means of communication for vulnerable person

I have asked a mod to see if they can help you  

have you registered your mother here  https://btplc.com/Inclusion/HelpAndSupport/DocumentsandDownloads/Communicationchoices/FreePriorityFa...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Hi @mattj666 sorry to hear that your Mother has been without telephone service for 9 days.

We will be happy to see why it has not been fixed yet and if we can do anything to help get things moving if you send us the details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
mattj666
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

Thank you for offering to look into this for me John, however, at the moment I can't seem to reach you via the suggested route. When I click on your name I get taken to your page, not the option to contact the mods as you suggest. Could you please tell me if I'm doing something wrong, or a better way to get in touch?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

you won't see the link in mobile view has to be full view

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mattj666
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

Thanks imjolly, 

I shall register her in a little bit. It doesn't unfortunately solve the current issue which is that she has no means of communication. I'm hoping to provide more details to JohnC so that he can investigate the problem.

0 Ratings
mattj666
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

I'm in full view, but the option doesn't appear on my laptop for some reason. Any other suggestions would be most welcome!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

asked mod to post again

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Hi @mattj666 sorry about that was having a bit of a glitch with the font of my post. The link is there now.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
mattj666
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

Thanks JohnC,

I'm just completing the form now.

0 Ratings