Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jenks52
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Amazon Prime Payment

Go to solution

Has anyone else had a call informing them that their Amazon Prime subscription will be renewed and £39.00 charged to their card held on file? 

We have had three calls in the last few days. 

They are not very convincing, the same electronic voice as used on the "Broadband will be cut off" calls, with an option to "Press 2" to talk to a supervisor. Amazon Prime costs £79.00 a year. So I suspect they are targeting those that don't have Amazon Prime and are scared by the call. Scum, the lot of them. 

I wonder what will be next?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
parthabus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Amazon Prime Payment

Go to solution

Hi, Be Safe from Scams based on Amazon Prime Payment. Few info s to protect yourself.

To avoid falling for this scam, make sure that you’re calling Amazon’s actual phone number: 888-280-4331.

Another way to ensure that you’re reaching the real Amazon is to visit the retail giant’s Contact Us page. You’ll find the option to enter your phone number and Amazon will call you.

Never share any personal or Banking information over phone.

If number shows on caller display then BT Call Protect will help you blacklisting that number.

STAY SAFE

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
0 Ratings
jenks52
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@zulu17

Thanks for that:  what disgusting behaviour.

The aggression shown by some of these scammers is surprising. 

Increasingly, if we don't recognise the number on the caller display we don't even pick up the call and let it go to voice- mail. Inevitably no message is left and if I call the number back it is always a made up number. 

0 Ratings