Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swift21
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Any advice\help

Morning all,

I am posting this message on behalf of my brother who is in a catch 22 situation with BT.

He's been a BT customer for many years and had broadband installed and working in his village in Leicestershire.

He recently took BT up on there offer of switching to fibre for the same price has is slow broadband, he got a few letters\emails I understand with an activation date of last week and received the hub.

He's installed the hub in the socket previously installed by BT's engineers and within 48hrs of pluging it in he got the rights lights and has internet access but since last wednesady he has had no phone, you dial his number and it rings and hes tried to report this but is getting the brush off because they say the job still indicates its open and when you check on line it says open line fault.

His order checker said it would be activated on Monday of this week (despite last week saying last week!) but when he came home from work it said the 12th, which is tomorrow and I'm afraid to say he is expecting to come home and still have no phone.

Anyone got any ideas on what he can try to get this resolved if it is still dead tomorrow as no one should be without a phone in this day and age (yes he has a mobile but thats not the point!)

Hes gone from having working internet and phones to just internet and hes chnaged nothing other than get BT to do the fibre switch so he can have a faster connection. He gets no dialing tone when he picks the phone up.

thanks in advance

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES
Message 2 of 6

Re: Any advice\help

Hi @swift21 sorry your brother has been left without a telephone service since the change from copper to fibre broadband. If it is still not working please send us over his details by clicking on my profile and selecting the contact the mods option and complete the form. We will be happy to get this fixed for him.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
swift21
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Thanks John I will provide his details via the contact form.

I've spoken to him this evening and just has he was leaving for work this morning an open reach engineer turned up in the road and visited is property. removed the  main soket cover and quoted "the line is dead". Brother explained the history of the quality of his line over the last 20+ years when he's experianced issues resulting in one christmas 5 vans turning up from across the midlands! 

The openreach engineers recommendation was to call for a phone enginner but has hes tried previously as you will see hes back in the catch 22 position as he thought the enginner would have contacted him\left a note but nothing.

Thanks for your assistance.

0 Ratings
swift21
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Spoken to brother again last night and hes still without a landline but am aware that you have contacted him so thank you and hopefully your assistance will help get this resolved since his callers get the ring tone and think hes ignorant in not answering. Interesting that one of your fellow employees closed his fault report saying the issue is in his house when the engineer gets no dialing tone at the master socket and current fault report says its within your network. Fingers crossed hes back up and running and gets the broadband speed you say he should receive  before you close for Christmas!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

Has he tried a known working phone into the test point of his main telephone socket?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
swift21
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Yes phone in the master socket does not work neither does the bt engineers tool.
0 Ratings