cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SilverShaded
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Are BT completely incompetent?

At the end of a very long few weeks, they now just cut off my phone and broadband through complete and total incompetence, i have never dealt with such a useless company, ever....

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19

Re: Are BT completely incompetent?

Hi @SilverShaded welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting, I'm so sorry that you've been cut off in error. I'll send you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team if you need any assistance with this.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
SilverShaded
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Im basically waiting for someone that isn’t a complete mindless jerk to call me...

Is it normal for BT staff to lie and never do what they say they’re going to do?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 19

Are you sure you have been  "cut off" or could the problem be caused by a fault on the line? 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
SilverShaded
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

No i was cut off, they sent me text message on the 11th august saying they going to cut it off.  I phoned them the same day to stop it.  That is recorded in the system along with a complaint on how useless they had been upto that point.  They still cut it off, by mistake, on the 21st.  Their excuse was they had a request from another broadband provider to switch over, this was essentially **bleep** and probably a bare faced lie, they simply cocked up as they were supposed to disconnect a second line in the house not the one with the broadband.

As of this moment, the line that was meant to be cut off is still active, the line and broadband that was meant to be active is cut off.

We then get a message saying they cant do anything while there is an open request on the active line (again this is nonsense as there are two separate lines, they could still put a request for work on the second line).

Finally today we spoke to someone who had it figured out correctly what was going on, we just have to wait and see if the correct message actually gets to openreach, next Tuesday after the bank holiday.

Effing useless.  This has taken over a month so far...

0 Ratings
garybs29
Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Sounds like the other provider might have placed the request on the incorrect line which wouldn't be Bt's fault

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 7 of 19

@SilverShadedwrote:

As of this moment, the line that was meant to be cut off is still active, the line and broadband that was meant to be active is cut off.

I take it you asked another company to transfer the line and number ? transfers are gaining provider led, which means the mistake would be the new providers fault.
If it was a transfer to retain the same number, BT can't block that as it was something you or an authorised decision maker asked for, it's only when the other company have been asked to stop the transfer and failed to do so, then BT can step in, did you ask the gaining provider to stop the transfer and did they fail to do so ?

0 Ratings
SilverShaded
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 19

No we did not ask another provider to do anything, BT were simply meant to transfer the old phone number and broadband over to a new line. Which they did and then cut it off again a few days later by mistake.

The problem is the communication inside the company is dreadfull and the communication between BT and openreach is worse.

Any mention of another provider was a total invention of BT, a lie, and them trying to find an excuse for their incompetence.

0 Ratings
SilverShaded
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Still no phone, no broadband!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 19

Did you complete the form @NeilO sent you  if so then it can take couple of days for mods to contact you as forms are dealt with in order of receipt

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings