cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Are BT completely incompetent?

Hi @SilverShaded 

Thanks for posting back!

I'm very sorry that you have been cut off.  We would be more than happy to help you get this sorted out.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
SilverShaded
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

I sent the information to Neil0 the same day he asked for it. 

also i was expecting a call today from BT, as promised, to let me know progress, still waiting, funny that...

0 Ratings
SilverShaded
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 19

So spoke to the help desk today and technical support, the system says my phone and broadband are reconnected but there is a fault on the line, pity they didn't tell me it was supposed to be working, lost another two days through lack of communication...

0 Ratings
SilverShaded
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 19

So today I spoke a BT guy in Dublin who says both the phone and the broadband should be working and there must be a fault on the line.

Later i get the following text;

"Hello, BT here. Sorry I have not been able to reach you today. I have placed your order to re add the Broadband to you account. I have sent the order to our suppliers today and they have arrange for the engineer to reactivate the service on 13.09.19. We do not need to access the premises and your services will be on by midnight on the day. I have arranged for you to be contacted again on the 14.08.19. We will be in touch before 8pm on the day, regards, BT Customer Connections  Please don't reply to this text - we won't see it. Thanks."

So are they trying to add a second broadband to my phone line or is it simply that BT hasn't got a clue what its doing?  I'm struggling to stop laughing at the trivial point that it will be difficult for them to phone me on the 14/08/2019 unless they've borrowed Dr Who's Tardis.

Any comments BT?

0 Ratings
SilverShaded
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 19

I was told it would be working by the 3rd, well today is the 5th and its not working and no information from BT!  

No phone and no internet since 21st Aug, after the muppets cut it off by mistake.  Gross incompetence!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

@SilverShaded wrote:

I was told it would be working by the 3rd, well today is the 5th and its not working and no information from BT!  

No phone and no internet since 21st Aug, after the muppets cut it off by mistake.  Gross incompetence!

Hi @SilverShaded 

Thanks for posting back!

Sorry for the delay getting your services connected again.  We'll pick this up to understand what is causing the hold up and we'll give you a shout later this afternoon.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
SilverShaded
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 19

Spoke to someone at BT today, apparently BT thought they had fixed the phone issue and closed the item, without checking with us whether the phone was actually working or not (it isn’t).  An engineer is now booked to come out on Monday and check the line from the junction box up the road somewhere.

In what universe is it acceptable to close out an item without checking whether the problem has been fixed or not??  Is that acceptable customer service?

0 Ratings
SilverShaded
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 19

Progress of a kind.  Openreach turned up on Saturday (7th) and fixed the Telephone.  Unfortunately he couldn't fix the broadband because it wasn't on his work order.  So another guy will have to come out, hopefully this Friday to connect the broadband.  By that time we will have been accidentally cut off for about three weeks.

Had interesting chat actually, regarding the fact that no-one can really understand the messages that come from India (Puna) office and Openreach are snowed under due to the bad weather messing up a lot of phone lines (climate change?), and other BT related issues.

0 Ratings
SilverShaded
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 19

Finally broadband is back.  Only took 26 days after BT effed up for them to fix it, excellent service, not....

0 Ratings