cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
woodlandh
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhh

Moved into a static caravan last Jan so requested a temp line into it, 3 months after due date yes it was done. Requested a month ago to have moved into my new house(20 feet away) been put off and off and off and off. After spending what seemed like a week on the phone to sort it out and everytime having to explain the same old story again and again and again (you gat my drift) I decided to get a private contractor to do do the job for me, I thought at last a phone and Broadband. But alas the phone number on the line was not mine, they have changed the number. Throughout all of this I have told them my wife is wheelchair bound but it makes no difference because they are still taking my money!!! An obsoulute shambles, if I was this inept at my job I would be sacked!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhh

who is your phone and/or broadband provider  if private contractor made a  mess of connection is not up to them to sort it out?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
woodlandh
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

The private contractor did nothing as it's now the wrong number, the line was already into the garden and just needed connection.

0 Ratings
woodlandh
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

And BT is my provider.

0 Ratings
woodlandh
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

If you read the post properly you would understand a little better.

0 Ratings
woodlandh
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Just read another post regarding a "welfare case" and that a MOD will chase. My wife is wheelchair bound with MS and if needed needs assistance staright away, does that qualify MODS. I have been promised a phone call tonight between 5-6 just when I'm driving home! Tried to change the time but was told sorry they can't do that. Thinking about it why answer the phone just to be told "theres still a delay"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi Woodlandh,

Thank for posting and welcome to the forum.

Sorry for the problems you're having getting your service transferrred over to your new address.  I can appreciate your Wife's condition and I'm happy to give you a hand to get things sorted out from here.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

All the best,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

@woodlandh wrote:

If you read the post properly you would understand a little better.

I read your post and there is nothing  in your post regarding your provider hence the question. Your temp line was installed by openreach but they supply the line for all providers apart from virgin so your provider could be BT Retail or TT or SKY or someone else

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.