cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: At the end of my tether with ADSL broadband! Advice please!

Openreach NOT BT Openreach provide an equal level of service to all providers under OFCOM rules as I posted earlier as it is an intermittent fault they can be very hard to locate
0 Ratings
robhiston
Beginner
Message 12 of 17

@john46 wrote:
Openreach NOT BT Openreach

Try checking the Openreach website. The logo has BT in it. It says a BT Group business. Their vans have BT in big letters on the side.
0 Ratings
robhiston
Beginner
Message 13 of 17

@john46 wrote:
it is an intermittent fault they can be very hard to locate

Isn't the fact that it's hard to locate a reason for a supposedly customer facing and focused business to get the relevant party to try a bit harder, rather than just repeatedly closing the customer's tickets without resloving the problem? This whole attitude seems to me completely reprehensible. My overwhelming impression from this is that BT (Retail) have no interest in me as a customer.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 17

correct they are a BT Group business but if you read the link I posted it explains about Openreach in detail there are many business arms within the BT Group but Openreach is independent of the rest of the operation
0 Ratings
robhiston
Beginner
Message 15 of 17

@john46 wrote:
correct they are a BT Group business but if you read the link I posted it explains about Openreach in detail there are many business arms within the BT Group but Openreach is independent of the rest of the operation

I fully understand that BT Retail and Openreach are different parts of BT Group. I also understand why this is.

I do not understand how your assertion of this is contributing to solving my problem.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 17

There is no point in blaming BT Retail as they are just your service provider and have no control over the line problem.
0 Ratings
robhiston
Beginner
Message 17 of 17

So your argument goes: any business you contractually purchase a service from can absolve themselves of responsibility for any problem with that service if they purchase part of the service from a third party.

Pull the other one, it hath bells upon't. What a total farce.

0 Ratings