cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Annie3
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT 3950 Trio Cordless Home Phone answer phone stopped working calls can be made and received as norm

Go to solution

I bought the above phone a month ago and it was working fine. About a week ago the answer phone stopped recording so the caller can't leave a message. Otherwise the phone works, calls can be received and made as normal. My husband is in hospital quite seriously ill so the answer phone facility is especially important at the moment. I have contacted BT Helpline today and the settings on the phone were checked and they are fine. I was advised to take out the batteries for 10 minutes, take out the phone connection from the filter and fit it direct into the BT socket in the wall. I have done all that and the answer phone is still not working. I am thinking of sending it back and getting a different phone ( I had a Gigaset one for years and that worked fine) but I really don't have the time to mess about as visiting is taking up a lot of my time so I would prefer to make this phone work. Any help/ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have noticed people had similar problems with this phone and it was resolved with mixed results.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT 3950 Trio Cordless Home Phone answer phone stopped working calls can be made and received as

Go to solution

@Annie3 Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry about the problem with your BT 3950 as I appreciate this is a needed more than ever at the moment.

Does the answer machine pick up the call but doesn't give the caller an option to leave a message or does it just ring out?

0 Ratings
Annie3
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Re: BT 3950 Trio Cordless Home Phone answer phone stopped working calls can be made and received as

Go to solution

Hello and thank you so much for coming back to me. It does not pick up the call and the person ringing can't leave a message, it just rings out at both ends. The BT Helpdesk tested it while I was ringing them from my mobile so they could see what it was doing. They suggested the battery/filter check at that point. I am on the verge of ordering a new phone just because I am so desperate to have the answer phone facility but if you could help to sort it that would be wonderful. I am leaving at 1 for the hospital and will be back at about 6/7 pm so I will keep checking for a reply. Thank you again,

Annie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@Annie3 If you've set it up as per the instructions on page 39 of the user guide and the battery check hasn't worked you may be best returning it for a replacement. Sorry about that.

0 Ratings