cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
northshields
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

BT 6600 and Remote Access

I have a BT 6600 which has worked fine until now. However, recently, whenever I tried to get remote access to the answer machine, I would get a "Incorrect remote access pin" message. I have re-set the base unit to its factory settings, and set remote access up again from scratch, but still get the same message. Does anyone have a solution, or is it, as I suspect, an unrepairable fault? Although now beyond its 12 month guarantee period, I only bought it in May 2017, so I would have expected it to last rather longer than that.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
lnajr02
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT 6600 and Remote Access

Are you using your mobile or is this a problem from more than one device, it's possible that the MF tones are being corrupted ..
0 Ratings
northshields
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Yes, I have been using a mobile which has always worked in the past. In the light of your comments, I tried it from a different mobile, but still got exactly the same problem.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi, @northshields I'm sorry to see you're unable to remotely access your BT 6600 phone. If you get in touch with the BT 6600 helpdesk they may be able to help.

If your phone is within warranty:

By phone: 0800 145 6789

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm

By email: Click here for email support 

If your product is out of warranty contact BT's recommended agent

By phone: 0800 980 8999

0 Ratings
Highlighted
northshields
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 8

Neil,

Thank you for that suggestion. I am afraid that the "Click here for email support" did not work as a link so I will try to find time to ring the number you have given.

Just in case it helps anyone to come up with an answer, I have managed to get a brand new base unit, but still get the same "incorrect access pin" message. In addition I have tried accessing remotely from two different mobiles as well as a corded phone in a hotel, but always with the same result.

In those circumstances, I am completely out of my depth in trying to wonder what might be the problem. For what it is worth I have done a quiet line test and the result was total silence. Bearing in mind, therefore, that I am now using a brand new base unit, the line is quiet and the phone works correctly in every other respect, what else is there to consider?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@northshields Sorry about that I'll fix that link now.

0 Ratings
northshields
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 8

Neil,

Thank you very much for that link. I have now raised my question with that team and will wait to see what happens.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@northshields No problem, I hope they can help you get that sorted.

0 Ratings