Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeeTeeGent
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BT 7600 Nuisance Call Blocker

Go to solution

We have just bought a BT 7600 Nuisance Call Blocker trio set.  I have charged all the batteries for 24 hours as instructed and succeeded in renaming the Handsets.  In the master handset I have entered a number of people's names and phone numbers.  All 3 handsets now say "Synchronising Handset Data" and have done so for some hours.  The phones are unusable and do not respond to any button presses.  If they were computers I would say that they need to be switched off and restarted, but there does not seem to be any way of doing that.  The manual does not have any information about any of the above.

What did I do wrong ?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT 7600 Nuisance Call Blocker

Go to solution

I have the Duo set of these phones, mine synchronised almost immediatley. When you say the manual does not have any information,  was it the online user guide you looked at.

http://btsupport.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/3153467/1374852281/redirect/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xM...

0 Ratings
BeeTeeGent
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

No.  I have the brief version of the manual which came in the box, and I have downloaded the pdf version from the BT site.  The latter can be searched in Adobe Reader and there are references to "synchonise" - but it simply says that the phone will do it.

0 Ratings
BeeTeeGent
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

The phone kit is now packed up and awaiting return to the BT Depot in Northallerton tomorrow.  It stayed on "Synchronising Handset Data" for very nearly 24 hours, at which point I cracked.  Perhaps at 80 years of age I was expecting too much of myself to get my head round a piece of kit like this.

Ho Hum

😞

0 Ratings
Patty-L
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

I don't think it was you,  more likely a faulty phone set.

There are a lot of features on the phone that I don't use, and that may be because I am catching you up in age !!Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
BeeTeeGent
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Patty-L : Well, I certainly hope so.  We have an older BT cordless phone, and if you tell that to copy names and phone numbers from one handset to another, which you have to do manually, it does it in a matter of seconds.

Nevertheless, a very frustrating and time wasting experience.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Hwalker1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

I was sold one of these - 4 to be correct, purely for the purpose of blocking unwanted calls. While the phones all work to specification, including automatic syncing, they are of a very crude design, and do not fit the hand of anyone that has tried them. There is no way of copying the numbers from my original phone to the new ones, so it took me 4 hours to transfer them manually. The sound is rubbish - harsh and rasping is the only way I can think to describe it.

There is only one use that I have found for them. I connected both the new base station and the old one to my line. Set the voice recorder on the new ones only to operate after 20 rings, and placed them behind the settee where I cannot reach them, after setting them to block the calls that were causing trouble.

When both phone bases ring, I know that the call is genuine, and answer on my original base phones. If only the old phone rings, I know that it is a nuisance call, and don't answer it.

A lot of money for a badly designed and featureless phone. BT should be ashamed of selling such junk.

If it was not for the hassle of retyping all my numbers into another phone, I would have sent it back as not fit for use.

Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
BeeTeeGent
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Ingenious !

0 Ratings
Irritated1
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Did you find a solution to this?  Our brand new bt7610 is doing the same and is driving us up the wall.  Cannot do anything.  Feel lilke crying!

0 Ratings
BeeTeeGent
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

No.  Returned the lot.  We have since bought the 8500 model and these work well.

0 Ratings