cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Easywriter
Message 1 of 3

BT 7610 - rings three times then goes to answerphone

Recently installed this phone. All seemed well at first but then we noticed when we receive a call it rings THREE times then goes to answerphone. Unless someone is standing right next to the phone when it rings we can't pick up calls!

I thought with 1571 a phone would ring seven or eight times before the answerphone cut in, usually giving you enough time to get to the phone, pick it up and answer it.

Rings three times - but first ring is different to the other two. Have read 'quick start' user guide, can't see an answer to this problem. Have now got full (90 page) user guide, maybe the answer is somewhere in there. 0800 218 2182 has closed down by the time I get home from work.

Anyone else had this problem? Any answers?

Regards,

Robert

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT 7610 - rings three times then goes to answerphone

Hi

You will need to turn the answering machine off on the base unit of the phone. Calls will then be answered by 1571 after about 7 rings.

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
Easywriter
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT 7610 - rings three times then goes to answerphone

Thnk you for this - that worked!

But then why have I paid extra for a phone with a built-in answer machine? Or why did I pay for the 1571 service? There's obviously a conflict here (which is addressed, briefly, in the BT 7610 User Guide). I need to investigage this further, but thanks again, that gets round the immediate problem.

0 Ratings