Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jass
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT 8500 - Battery Low Warning

Hello All,

We have the BT8500 'phone with four handsets around the house. This 'phone has a very useful Low Battery Warning in the form of a loud and persistent bleeping that continues until you plug in a charger.  Useful, that is, unless the 'phone is by the bedside and the warning goes off at 3 o'clock in the morning!

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable, or at least, silence this function?

Thanks in advance.

Jass.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
pompey1898
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT 8500 - Battery Low Warning

@Jass wrote:

Hello All,

We have the BT8500 'phone with four handsets around the house. This 'phone has a very useful Low Battery Warning in the form of a loud and persistent bleeping that continues until you plug in a charger.  Useful, that is, unless the 'phone is by the bedside and the warning goes off at 3 o'clock in the morning!

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable, or at least, silence this function?

Thanks in advance.

Jass.

Sorry can't answer your question as our's have never beeped despit being left off the cragle for a long time.

Could you not try charging before you go to bed to be toally on the safe side ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

How long have you had the phone?
Could it be that the phone is not holding the charge?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Jass
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the suggestion. We do try always to make sure the phone has a reasonable level of charge. It's on the occasions that we forget to do it, or don't have time to do it that sleep can be disturbed at an unwelcome hour.  It would just be nice to have the choice to disable the facility or, as I mentioned, merely silence it.  Not too much to ask  -  is it?

Jass.

0 Ratings