cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpadeutsch
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

BT 8500. Minor error in user guide

On page 47, in describing how tio set "answer delay", it says that it can be set to 0 to 9 rings. In fact it is 2 to 10 rings.

Does anyone know how to report this to BT to get it corrected in future printingsof the guide?

There is also a general problem with the user guide, in that various functions have no explanation of what they do. It tells how to set them, but not the effect of setting them. An example is under settings>call settings. None of the four items are explained. The user guide for my previous phone (Freestyle 750) had notes in the margin of many pages, expliaining what the varioua settings meant.

John

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT 8500. Minor error in user guide

Hi jpadeutsch, 

Thanks for the feedback. 

I will get this reported and corrected for future user guides. 

Thanks

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
JMB
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

The big problem with the guide is the lack of an index.  I found it is best to download as a PDF then you can search for a keyword to find the part you want.

----
MB
----
jpadeutsch
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

Yes, I agree. But even doing that does not get round the fact that most settings are not described. It tells you how to set them, but not what they do.

0 Ratings
guide
Message 5 of 8

Does any one know where i can get a user guide as i have lost mine!

thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

0 Ratings
Jay47
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Am having weird problems with this model;  it has stopped 100 per cent of nuisance calls, which is why I bought it but it will NOT let two local neighbours ring me successfully - even though they are using the same model of phone!

And, on P. 34, the User Guide informs: numbers stored in speed dial "are allowed straight through"   Not in my case for those two friends, in fact Speed Dial does simply not work for me out or in.   I'm n touch with BT to exchange the unit, which must be inherently faulty.  What a pity; great solution otherwise.

0 Ratings
Jay47
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Right! I've found that the User's Guide text does not correspond to the procedures when setting up the actual phone!
0 Ratings