cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidmt
Message 11 of 17

Re: BT 8500 "power cut" error message keeps coming on

As per my post above - my handsets are doing it much more frequently and almost everytime I clear the call list - anyone from BT care to respond as this is clearly a fault with the hardware?

0 Ratings
JohnFUk
Message 12 of 17

I think you might find it is a problem with the base unit power supply itself.

My main base unit completely packed up (or so I thought).

Checked the cable & all seemed fine, which it should - its usually tied away at the back of a cabinet.

However, I got hold of the powser supply from the secondary handset base, plugged it in & the main base unit now works - sadly now without the secondary phone Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Curious_One
Message 13 of 17

Re: BT 8500

I experienced the same problem and surprised to see on the internet 2-pages of comments from unhappy users seeking a permanent solution.  By that time I had already pressed numerous combinations of buttons in random for 3-days with no result.  Having read the Forum comments and realized that I was not alone with this messy equipment,  I thought of resetting everything as per instructions on the Handbook, Page 8 Section 5 Follow The Set Up Wizard.  As soon as I followed the first line of instructions, the False Alarm about the Power Cut disappeared and the normal Handset Display (Page 16 0f the Handbook) appeared. I hope that this would be permanent. Please try it out, it might work for you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
scottie01
Message 14 of 17

You are not alone. My BT 8500 performed perfectly while we got our service from BT. We have just moved to Virgin and the problem has appeared - maybe there is a lesson in that  (LOL). Our bill was oscillating all over the place with BT, it is now steady with Virgin, but we have this problem! 

0 Ratings
Dwalsh45
Beginner
Message 15 of 17

"We have just moved to Virgin and the problem has appeared - maybe there is a lesson in that  (LOL)" - Tounge in cheek reply...

For goodness sake, don't replace your water provider in case the washing machine brand your using isn't compatible! :-)

By the way, I have the same issue and will try all the suggestions and report back if I have anything different

Dwalsh45

0 Ratings
Dwalsh45
Beginner
Message 16 of 17

Tounge in cheek reply.."We have just moved to Virgin and the problem has appeared - maybe there is a lesson in that  (LOL)."

Its a bit like saying, don't change your water supplier in case your washing machine isn't compatible

or your energy provider in case your toaster complains ;-)

I am confident that from what everyone has commented so far, the problem it is more likely to be with the handset.

Regards

Dwalsh45

0 Ratings
Dwalsh45
Beginner
Message 17 of 17

I've followed the following but instead of putting the original 750 Batteries back - Place NEW 1100 Batteries in and it should resolve the problem.

I suspect any power deviation is knocking the phones off and the Batteries aren't generating enough charge to maintain the phone(s). 

• Clear the calls list
  • Go to Settings - Reset - Base Settings
  • Say "Yes" to reset these
  • Take batteries out of ALL handsets
  • Unplug both handsets
  • Leave for at least 20 minutes
  • Place NEW 1100 Batteries ----original entry- (Put batteries back in, and plug all cables back in)
Tags (1)
0 Ratings