cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT 8610 Call Blocker/Call Guardian - Call from USA

Hi All, 

I bought the BT 8610 phone for my mother who was getting dozens of nuisance calls a day, mainly from "Withheld" and "Unavailable" numbers. I installed the phone and followed the instructions to "Block" those call types.

Fantastic, instant success and it has stopped all the nuisance calls!

Because my uncle stays in Florida, and often calls my mother, I set "International" calls to the "Announce" option. But he cannot now get through and I have discovered that on Caller ID he is also showing as "Unavailable"!

Can this be resolved in any way?

Is there any setting on my Mothers phone that can resolve this?

Do all incoming calls from USA show as "Unavailable"?

Is it the settings on my Uncle's side that is causing the problem?

I have read some threads which suggest if he is using the Internet this will show as "Unavailable"?

Any advice and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT 8610 Call Blocker/Call Guardian - Call from USA

@Quinntessential wrote:

Hi All, 

I bought the BT 8610 phone for my mother who was getting dozens of nuisance calls a day, mainly from "Withheld" and "Unavailable" numbers. I installed the phone and followed the instructions to "Block" those call types.

Fantastic, instant success and it has stopped all the nuisance calls!

Because my uncle stays in Florida, and often calls my mother, I set "International" calls to the "Announce" option. But he cannot now get through and I have discovered that on Caller ID he is also showing as "Unavailable"!

Can this be resolved in any way?

Is there any setting on my Mothers phone that can resolve this?

Do all incoming calls from USA show as "Unavailable"?

Is it the settings on my Uncle's side that is causing the problem?

I have read some threads which suggest if he is using the Internet this will show as "Unavailable"?

Any advice and assistance would be greatly appreciated.

If the call is over voip then the caller utility must be set to show caller I'd.

e.g. Skype, in common use in USA, can be set to show a caller id.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi Ribblelancs,

Thanks for that I will see what my Uncle is using and if VoIP then will get him to change the settings.

Thanks again

Quinntessential

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 5

@Quinntessential wrote:

Hi Ribblelancs,

Thanks for that I will see what my Uncle is using and if VoIP then will get him to change the settings.

Thanks again

Quinntessential

Skype is used by many in USA.

It's been in use for many years, so it's well established, and is easy to set up.

0 Ratings
vivh
Message 5 of 5

Hi there

Just wondered if you solved this one? I have the same set and am having  probs getting calls from my friend in the USA. i think she uses a cheap calls router and think that might be interfering with workings of caller ID etc!

thanks

Viv

0 Ratings