Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
20-20vision
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT 8610 Issues

How do we record a answerphone message, then switch to automated or own recording?

Numbers on your contact list are supposed to get straight through. Straight through to what? If I am not there people do not seem to have been able to leave a message.

Thanks for any help you can give.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Neil1
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT 8610 Issues

Select menu

Then select answerphone. I see an option to record message - and another option for Answer mode which gives you choices about answerphone on/off etc

0 Ratings
pompey1898
Expert
Message 3 of 7

@20-20vision wrote:

How do we record a answerphone message, then switch to automated or own recording?

Numbers on your contact list are supposed to get straight through. Straight through to what? If I am not there people do not seem to have been able to leave a message.  Do you have the answering machine turned on ?  

Thanks for any help you can give.

0 Ratings
20-20vision
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

The option I see in Menu - Answerphone is Record Memo. I suppose that is it? Also how do we remove that and go to an automated message which is a chice the wizard gave me when I set up the phone?

Another issue is that numbers on my contacts list are being held at the "State your name and press #" announcement. Then put through to me. I thought contact numbers came striaght through?

Finally I thought we would hear the persons voice if they leave an answerphone message? So say someone gives their name but you are not sure who they are, I thought we could wait until we heard the start of their message before deciding yes I will pick up that call?

Yes the answerphone is on, it does record messages.

Thanks for the help.

0 Ratings
Neil1
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

@20-20vision wrote:

The option I see in Menu - Answerphone is Record Memo. I suppose that is it? Also how do we remove that and go to an automated message which is a chice the wizard gave me when I set up the phone?

Another issue is that numbers on my contacts list are being held at the "State your name and press #" announcement. Then put through to me. I thought contact numbers came striaght through?

Finally I thought we would hear the persons voice if they leave an answerphone message? So say someone gives their name but you are not sure who they are, I thought we could wait until we heard the start of their message before deciding yes I will pick up that call?

Yes the answerphone is on, it does record messages.

Thanks for the help.

Hi. Yes Record Memo. 

Sorry I don't know how to go back to the original. Have you tried deleting your recorded message and seeing what happens

My contact numbers come straight through. Have you got Caller Display?

I haven't had that situation with the answerphone so haven't tested whether you can hear the voice or not. 

0 Ratings
20-20vision
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I tried deleting the message but the message still plays. I think it may be just deleting the new recording. I have Caller Display/ID.

0 Ratings
Neil1
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Honestly don't know then

When I had initial problems with mine I rang the helpline - they were helpful

I can only suggest you do that. 0800 145 6789

0 Ratings